Sunday, December 27, 2009

Snow


For this naive little Californian, snow is still probably one of the miracles of life that I will never get over. Rain that is solidified, somehow turns into beautiful crystalline structures that are perfect for building ice palaces and spherical aerodynamic weapons of war.
Better yet is the landscape. What used to be all colors of the rainbow suddenly turns white, and everything looks differently. There's that silence, while you walk through the woods, that makes you feel like you are the only living person for miles and miles. It's amazing how different everything is when it's cold, and peaceful. I could walk forever, just reveling at how magical it is, this frozen precipitation. It's hard to imagine that only one week ago I was surfing, on a hot summer's day, drinking beer and watching the sunset in nothing more than a tank top and shorts. It's so hot there right now, I can only imagine how my friends are faring, while I'm reveling in my winter wonderland.

No comments:

Post a Comment